[Healeys] Further to Safety Check

To: Healey <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Further to Safety Check
From: Stephen Hutchings <s.hutchings@rogers.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 10:35:03 -0500
This is a follow uo to Larry Varley's note about the nyloc nuts on
the wishbone to frame pins.
I've contacted the supplier of my bush/pin set in England with our
concerns, and they responded promptly. They tell me they can get the
original style castellated nuts, or a thinner locknut.

I'm going to give the thinner locknuts a try, because I can't face
taking the coil springs out again, to remove and drill the bolts for
the split pins. As it is, I'm going to have to remove a few things to
make access easier. I'm just glad I'm doing this before my final
bolting up of the body panels.

Mike Salter mentioned using thinner locknuts...did that fix the problem, Mike?

Stephen, BJ8