Re: [Healeys] Further to Safety Check

To: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Further to Safety Check
From: Stephen Hutchings <s.hutchings@rogers.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 15:41:58 -0500
Cc: healeys@autox.team.net
Further to Bob's comment on the shock mounts:
I had a conversation with Rich chrysler last year about what a good
state mine, and their threads were in. His theory was that the worst
examples were as a result of operation without the protection of the
little bump stops under the shocks... I have seen some old worn out
cars where this piece is nearly gone, and then you'd have metal to
metal contact occasionally.
Stephen