Re: [Healeys] Fwd: Re: July 4th...

To: "'John Roesle'" <lostboys65@yahoo.com>, "'Alan Grossman'" <agrossman@pacific.net>, <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Fwd: Re: July 4th...
From: "Patrick & Caroline Quinn" <p_cquinn@tpg.com.au>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2013 08:52:58 +1000
Hello John

It somehow reminds me of a cover illustration from a New Yorker magazine of
years ago. It showed a busy and bustling New York, the Hudson River and then
almost nothing to the Pacific Ocean and beyond.

I bought my first Austin-Healey when I was 20 and my current car (the one
without wind-up windows and a glove box) when I was 23. At 61 I don't feel
that I'm in my dotage, but I must admit my body doesn't always do what my
brain tells it to do.

Free religious beliefs, good upbringing, opportunity to succeed and the
indulging in enjoyable things. Only in the US? Don't know about that!
Looking out of my window overlooking Sydney on a sunny winter's day I think
there are other places too. Having said that let's not forget the roots of
democracy - yes Greece and that most of our social, political and whatever
other mores actually came from the British despite their outlandish taxes
and propensity to send their less than savoury people to the far side of the
world as convicts.

By the way I run a 4 pound radiator cap in the BN3. It has a radiator from a
Healey saloon that was originally unpressurised and saves the core plugs
from popping out.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Blue Mountains, Australia

Ps. It's been years since we had a discussion on the Texas Cooler
Pps Reunite Gondwanaland