Re: [Healeys] 1959 100-6 front disc brake conversion

To: <pdzwig@summaventures.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] 1959 100-6 front disc brake conversion
From: "Chris Scholz" <drscholz@visioncenterpc.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2014 15:01:16 -0600
Cc: Healey <Healeys@autox.team.net>
I agree. The front discs will be doing all the work. I am replacing the rear
end with a ford 9" built for my splined hubs/wire wheels and it is about the
same price to do rear discs compared to drums. It seems to me that the most
important issue is proper distribution in the proportioning valve. I don't
know how to set those valves but I was told by the mechanic it is simple.

Everyone is correct. We don't want those rear discs to over power the fronts.
Very scary.  This will be a road car, and not a racer. Maybe a rare autocross
event and that would be it.

Sent from my iPhone
Chris Scholz OD

> On Nov 28, 2014, at 11:23 AM, "Peter Dzwig" <pdzwig@summaventures.com>
wrote:

> All,
>
> Simon is right I mis-remembered, it should have been the other way round.
>
> Peter
>
>> On 28/11/2014 17:14, Simon Lachlan wrote:
>> Peter,
>> I hate to say it, but I could never think this setup is right. Back to
>> front.
>> As I recall from everything I've ever read and done re race & rally cars,
it
>> normally goes progressively like this:-
>> Swap front drums for discs. Then, perhaps if still want more, swap rear
>> drums to discs.
>> Then, next stage for fiercer conditions, bigger discs at front and maybe
at
>> rear.
>> Etcetc but always with more on front.
>> I'd not be surprised if you get some fairly robust replies from some of
our
>> more colourful types!
>> As a point of reference, I'd be pretty sure that your setup would fail its
>> annual MOT in the UK (assuming the tester wasn't too dozy to spot the
>> strange readings!)
>> Simon

For

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/drscholz@visioncenterpc.com