Re: [Healeys] New Tyres

Subject: Re: [Healeys] New Tyres
From: Wilko2 <e-wilkins@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2015 21:58:54 -0700
Cc: "healeys@autox.team.net List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Opinions aside, Science proves over and over that on a WET TEST, performance
will always be better with the new tires on the back. Period. It's not even
close.

Other conditions may have different results such as dry performance, or blowout
control where there may be conditions that would favor a new tire in front.

Can anyone show any evidence to the contrary? empirical data? Anything besides
an anecdote?

Similar arguments about seat belts make me laugh when that one guy always says
something like "I'd rather be thrown clear" even though all evidence points to
the obvious benefits wearing the belt.