Re: [Healeys] new tyres

To: BJ8Healeys <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] new tyres
From: Alan Seigrist <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 20:23:12 +0800
Cc: Healey list <healeys@autox.team.net>

--089e0160c11ac5f71c05117b0759

All I have to say about this is if your tires are more than five years old
you should consider replacing them all.  I've had seven year old tires with
no tread loss not be able to stop adequately in wet conditions because the
rubber is so hard!

On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 7:13 PM, BJ8Healeys <sbyers@ec.rr.com> wrote:

> I've always thought it best to have the best tires on the front rather than
> the rear.  I've had a blow-out on the rear at about 65 and had no trouble
> controlling the car until I got off the road, but I don't know if it would
> be that easy if a tire blew on the front.
>
> Steve Byers
> HBJ8L/36666
> BJ8 Registry
> AHCA Delegate at Large
> Havelock, NC  USA

--089e0160c11ac5f71c05117b0759

n five years old you should consider replacing them all.=C2=A0 I&#39;ve had=
 seven year old tires with no tread loss not be able to stop adequately in =
wet conditions because the rubber is so hard!<div class=3D"gmail_extra"><br=
an dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:sbyers@ec.rr.com"; target=3D"_blank">sb=
tyle=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">I&#3=
9;ve always thought it best to have the best tires on the front rather than=
the rear.=C2=A0 I&#39;ve had a blow-out on the rear at about 65 and had no =
trouble<br>
controlling the car until I got off the road, but I don&#39;t know if it wo=
uld<br>
be that easy if a tire blew on the front.<br>
Steve Byers<br>
HBJ8L/36666<br>
BJ8 Registry<br>
AHCA Delegate at Large<br>