Re: [Healeys] Bleeding brakes

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Bleeding brakes
From: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2015 08:44:40 +0200
--===============0974691857090563135==
 boundary="------------080206050102050104070907"

--------------080206050102050104070907

I have used an Eezibleed or similar lightly pressurized system for over
50 years and it has always worked for me on a very large range of vehicles.
A one man job that is done efficiently and quickly.
As remarked before, it is generally a good idea to adjust back your drum
brakes and push back the calliper pistons (using e few small wedges
between pads and discs) to minimise the volume in the brake cylinders
and callipers if the bleed nipples are positioned in such a way that air
can remain trapped in the cylinders or callipers, although this is a
fairly rare occurrence.

Kees Oudesluijs

tom mitchell schreef op 8-7-2015 om 1:49:

> The only time I â??ve been able to get a vacuum bleeder to work
> satisfactorily using a short brake line screwed in-place of the bleeder.
>
> It can be a bit messy yet works well.
>
> Mike, any chance of some pictures of what you have?
>
> Tom Mitchell
>
> 1965 Austin Healey BJ8 MKIII

  <head>
  </head>
      lightly pressurized system for over 50 years and it has always
      worked for me on a very large range of vehicles. <br>
      A one man job that is done efficiently and quickly.<br>
      As remarked before, it is generally a good idea to adjust back
      your drum brakes and push back the calliper pistons (using e few
      small wedges between pads and discs) to minimise the volume in the
      brake cylinders and callipers if the bleed nipples are positioned
      in such a way that air can remain trapped in the cylinders or
      callipers, although this is a fairly rare occurrence.<br>
      Kees Oudesluijs<br>
      tom mitchell schreef op 8-7-2015 om 1:49:<br>
      type="cite">
        medium)">
            a vacuum bleeder to work satisfactorily using a short brake
            line screwed in-place of the bleeder.</span></p>
well.</span></p>
            what you have?</span></p>
            [<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="mailto:healeys-bounces@autox.team.net";>mailto:healeys-bounces@autox.team.net</a>]
 <b>On Behalf Of </b>Michael
            Salter<br>
                bleeder I have ever used was the Snap-On diaphragm brake
                bleeder that I have owned for at least 30 years. I don't
                know if they are still available.</span></p>
                (using old ski book spring clips) to secure it to a
                Healey brake fluid reservoir but it makes bleeding
                brakes a really simple one person job which is fast and
                completely removes air from the system.</span></p>
                that the vacuum bleeders never produced satisfactory
                results.</span></p>
                any particular order...:-)</span></p>
              Rowe &lt;<a moz-do-not-send="true"
                href="mailto:john@jtkarowe.com.au";
target="_blank">john@jtkarowe.com.au</a>&gt;
              wrote:</p>
                      had any luck with those vacuum bleeders, for that
                      same reason of air entering through the thread of
                      the bleeder screw. The bubbles never stop coming!
                      Always resort to the time honoured version of
                      opening and closing screws</span><span
                      lang="EN-AU"></span></p>
                      lang="EN-AU"></span></p>
Australia</span><span
                      lang="EN-AU"></span></p>
                      lang="EN-AU"></span></p>
                      lang="EN-AU"></span></p>
                          Healeys [mailto:<a moz-do-not-send="true"
                            href="mailto:healeys-bounces@autox.team.net";
                            target="_blank">healeys-bounces@autox.team.net</a>]
                          lang="EN-AU"></span></p>
                      furthest brakes is all very well, but not
                      infallible. ie it is â??best practiseâ?? but, in
                      itself does not guarantee success. Many of us have
                      been driven mad by spongy brakes after somehow
                      failing to get all the air out. I know that I
                      various manuals and one of my two BMC has this
                      lang="EN-AU"></span></p>
                      bleeding of any cylinder continues without success
                      for a considerable time it is</span><span
                      lang="EN-AU"></span></p>
                      air is being drawn in past the bleeder screw
                      threads. In such cases tighten</span><span
                      lang="EN-AU"></span></p>
                      screw at the end of each downward stoke of the
                      pedal and allow the pedal to</span><span
                      lang="EN-AU"></span></p>
                      before re-opening it. Close the bleeder screw
                      finally during the last pedal</span><span
                      lang="EN-AU"></span></p>
lang="EN-GB">application.â??</span><span
                      lang="EN-AU"></span></p>
                      the bleeder while fluid is still coming out.
                      Messy, but it works. The theory is that the air
                      gets past the thread as you close it. Fairly
                      coarse threads. Pretty old bits of iron...plenty
                      lang="EN-AU"></span></p>
                      Eazibleed or similar, it becomes easier. Just open
                      the bleeder a little and leave it open until the
                      lang="EN-AU"></span></p>
                      lang="EN-AU"></span></p>
                Support Team.Net <a moz-do-not-send="true"
                  href="http://www.team.net/donate.html";
target="_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
                Suggested annual donation  $12.75<br>
                Archive: <a moz-do-not-send="true"
                  href="http://www.team.net/archive";
target="_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
                Forums: <a moz-do-not-send="true"
                  href="http://www.team.net/forums";
target="_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>
                <a moz-do-not-send="true"

href="mailto:Healeys@autox.team.net";>Healeys@autox.team.net</a><br>
                <a moz-do-not-send="true"
                  href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys";

                Unsubscribe/Manage: <a moz-do-not-send="true"
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/michaelsalter@gmail.com";

target="_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/michaelsalter@gmail.com</a><br>
            -- </p>
                        a hammer, you've got an electrical
      <pre wrap="">_______________________________________________
href="http://www.team.net/archive";>http://www.team.net/archive</a>
Forums: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.team.net/forums";>http://www.team.net/forums</a>

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:Healeys@autox.team.net";>Healeys@autox.team.net</a>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys";>http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a>

</pre>
        Gecontroleerd door AVG - <a moz-do-not-send="true"
          href="http://www.avg.com";>www.avg.com</a><br>
        Versie: 2015.0.6081 / Virusdatabase: 4392/10182 - datum van
        uitgifte: 07/07/15</p>

--------------080206050102050104070907--