Re: [Healeys] Bleeding brakes

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Bleeding brakes
From: Larry Varley <varley@cosmos.net.au>
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2015 18:22:16 +1000
--===============6141138159504865110==
 boundary="------------080302020300050504060501"

--------------080302020300050504060501

Kees, this is not a rare occurrence in a BN1, stop and take a look at
the BN1 front wheel cylinder layout. If the brakes are not de adjusted
there is an air pocket in the wheel cylinders above the height of the
bleed screw. The air will be very difficult to bleed out as it is
trapped. I have advised many to do this and they found an immediate
improvement in the bleeding process and improvement in pedal firmness.
Regards
Larry Varley

On 8/07/2015 4:44 PM, Oudesluys wrote:
> I have used an Eezibleed or similar lightly pressurized system for
> over 50 years and it has always worked for me on a very large range of
> vehicles.
> A one man job that is done efficiently and quickly.
> As remarked before, it is generally a good idea to adjust back your
> drum brakes and push back the calliper pistons (using e few small
> wedges between pads and discs) to minimise the volume in the brake
> cylinders and callipers if the bleed nipples are positioned in such a
> way that air can remain trapped in the cylinders or callipers,
> although this is a fairly rare occurrence.
>
> Kees Oudesluijs

--------------080302020300050504060501

  <head>
  </head>
    Kees, this is not a rare occurrence in a BN1, stop and take a look
    at the BN1 front wheel cylinder layout. If the brakes are not de
    adjusted there is an air pocket in the wheel cylinders above the
    height of the bleed screw. The air will be very difficult to bleed
    out as it is trapped. I have advised many to do this and they found
    an immediate improvement in the bleeding process and improvement in
    pedal firmness. <br>
    Regards<br>
    Larry Varley<br>
        lightly pressurized system for over 50 years and it has always
        worked for me on a very large range of vehicles. <br>
        A one man job that is done efficiently and quickly.<br>
        As remarked before, it is generally a good idea to adjust back
        your drum brakes and push back the calliper pistons (using e few
        small wedges between pads and discs) to minimise the volume in
        the brake cylinders and callipers if the bleed nipples are
        positioned in such a way that air can remain trapped in the
        cylinders or callipers, although this is a fairly rare
        occurrence.<br>
        Kees Oudesluijs<br>

--------------080302020300050504060501--