Re: [Healeys] Bleeding brakes

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Bleeding brakes
From: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2015 10:59:40 +0200
--===============6107022795459974135==
 boundary="------------040405040901030608040303"

--------------040405040901030608040303

Hi Larry,
Not a rare occurrence in BN1, but a BN1 is a rare occurrence on its own
in the car world;-) . Most brake circuits are properly designed to make
bleeding the system an easy straight forward job.
Same problems on some old Landrovers.
Cheers,
Kees Oudesluijs

Larry Varley schreef op 8-7-2015 om 10:22:
> Kees, this is not a rare occurrence in a BN1, stop and take a look at
> the BN1 front wheel cylinder layout. If the brakes are not de adjusted
> there is an air pocket in the wheel cylinders above the height of the
> bleed screw. The air will be very difficult to bleed out as it is
> trapped. I have advised many to do this and they found an immediate
> improvement in the bleeding process and improvement in pedal firmness.
> Regards
> Larry Varley
>
> On 8/07/2015 4:44 PM, Oudesluys wrote:
>> I have used an Eezibleed or similar lightly pressurized system for
>> over 50 years and it has always worked for me on a very large range
>> of vehicles.
>> A one man job that is done efficiently and quickly.
>> As remarked before, it is generally a good idea to adjust back your
>> drum brakes and push back the calliper pistons (using e few small
>> wedges between pads and discs) to minimise the volume in the brake
>> cylinders and callipers if the bleed nipples are positioned in such a
>> way that air can remain trapped in the cylinders or callipers,
>> although this is a fairly rare occurrence.
>>
>> Kees Oudesluijs

> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/coudesluijs@chello.nl
>

> Geen virus gevonden in dit bericht.
> Gecontroleerd door AVG - www.avg.com <http://www.avg.com>
> Versie: 2015.0.6081 / Virusdatabase: 4392/10186 - datum van uitgifte:
> 07/08/15

--------------040405040901030608040303

  <head>
  </head>
      Not a rare occurrence in BN1, but a BN1 is a rare occurrence on
      its own in the car world<span class="moz-smiley-s3"><span> ;-)
      Most brake circuits are properly designed to make bleeding the
      system an easy straight forward job.<br>
      Same problems on some old Landrovers.<br>
      Cheers,<br>
      Kees Oudesluijs<br>
      Larry Varley schreef op 8-7-2015 om 10:22:<br>
      Kees, this is not a rare occurrence in a BN1, stop and take a look
      at the BN1 front wheel cylinder layout. If the brakes are not de
      adjusted there is an air pocket in the wheel cylinders above the
      height of the bleed screw. The air will be very difficult to bleed
      out as it is trapped. I have advised many to do this and they
      found an immediate improvement in the bleeding process and
      improvement in pedal firmness. <br>
      Regards<br>
      Larry Varley<br>
        wrote:<br>
          lightly pressurized system for over 50 years and it has always
          worked for me on a very large range of vehicles. <br>
          A one man job that is done efficiently and quickly.<br>
          As remarked before, it is generally a good idea to adjust back
          your drum brakes and push back the calliper pistons (using e
          few small wedges between pads and discs) to minimise the
          volume in the brake cylinders and callipers if the bleed
          nipples are positioned in such a way that air can remain
          trapped in the cylinders or callipers, although this is a
          fairly rare occurrence.<br>
          Kees Oudesluijs<br>
      <pre wrap="">_______________________________________________
href="http://www.team.net/archive";>http://www.team.net/archive</a>
Forums: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.team.net/forums";>http://www.team.net/forums</a>

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:Healeys@autox.team.net";>Healeys@autox.team.net</a>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys";>http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a>

</pre>
        Gecontroleerd door AVG - <a moz-do-not-send="true"
          href="http://www.avg.com";>www.avg.com</a><br>
        Versie: 2015.0.6081 / Virusdatabase: 4392/10186 - datum van
        uitgifte: 07/08/15</p>

--------------040405040901030608040303--