[Healeys] Chroming of grille for AH100 -

To: AH Mail List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Chroming of grille for AH100 -
From: Jean Caron <vintage_roadster_restoration@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2016 04:40:04 +0000
Accept-language: en-CA, en-US

--_000_BLUPR19MB0212F72BDDF7C96D05896898D1240BLUPR19MB0212namp_

Following up on the discussion from my message on June 19th, today I went b=
ack to House of Silver to discuss further with the owner Robert Winnobel ab=
out the chroming of the grille slats.

With the photos sent by Kent Lacy as well as several emails from many of yo=
u especially Mark Donaldson, Michael Salter, and Curtis Arndt, Robert is qu=
ite certain that the grille initially had a "Butler Finish" from factory.

He told me today that he can reproduce that method and is purchasing the ne=
cessary material for it and following the application of that finish will r=
ub it down with a 3M Red Scratch pad to give it exactly the finish required=
, He added that these Scratch Pads just fit between the slats.

He will notify me when he will do the first grille and will go and take pho=
tos of the process and put it on the List. He has not determine a price yet=
 as he has not yet purchased what is required yet.

Robert advised me that he had quite a few inquiries from the USA and there =
were concerns about shipping across the border. Be advised that it is not a=
 problem but you should put a note on the outside of the box that the "Part=
s are used and for vehicle that is more than 25 years old".

I will follow up again as soon as I hear from Robert. If anyone has any que=
stions feel free to ask.

Jean

--_000_BLUPR19MB0212F72BDDF7C96D05896898D1240BLUPR19MB0212namp_

<head>
1">
n-bottom:0;} --></style>
</head>
ground-color:#FFFFFF;font-family:Calibri,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;">
t back to House of Silver to discuss further with the owner Robert Winnobel=
 about the chroming of the grille slats.</p>
 you especially Mark Donaldson, Michael Salter, and Curtis Arndt, Robert is=
 quite certain that the grille initially had a &quot;Butler Finish&quot; fr=
om factory.
 necessary material for it and following the application of that finish wil=
l rub it down with a 3M Red Scratch pad to give it exactly the finish requi=
red, He added that these Scratch
 Pads just fit between the slats. <br>
photos of the process and put it on the List. He has not determine a price =
yet as he has not yet purchased what is required yet.
re were concerns about shipping across the border. Be advised that it is no=
t a problem but you should put a note on the outside of the box that the &q=
uot;Parts are used and for vehicle that
 is more than 25 years old&quot;.</p>
questions feel free to ask.</p>

--_000_BLUPR19MB0212F72BDDF7C96D05896898D1240BLUPR19MB0212namp_--