[Healeys] Insurance

Subject: [Healeys] Insurance
From: michael.oritt at gmail.com (Michael Oritt)
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2017 14:01:16 -0500
I have insured with Hagerty--both Healey, race cars and box trailer--for
years and my only direct experience with them was when a woman rear-ended
the trailer.  They were very liberal in their appraisal, giving me close to
the stated value of the trailer and letting me keep it versus looking to
total it out and salvage it.  I was entirely satisfied with their service.

A friend of mine has a Ferrari 246 Dino which he insures with Hagerty.  A
few years ago a wire going through the dash shorted, causing a major fire.
I don't know whether he was offered the option of having the car totalled
and receiving the agreed value but he opted to have it repaired and they
paid over $100K with no hassles.

Best--Michael Oritt