[Healeys] Ethanol

Subject: [Healeys] Ethanol
From: michaelsalter at gmail.com (Michael Salter)
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2017 15:20:56 -0500
*I doubt many if any cars in UK are E85 compliant.  All fuel lines made
prior to 1995 in US were NOT ethanol ready and will fall apart readily.*Hi
Randy,
Your note has raised a very interesting question.
Have you had any experience with original Petroflex hoses failing due to
ethanol?
We have been subjected to ethanol for many years now and I cannot recall
even one incidence of a Petroflex failure that I could attribute to it.
My own 100 has an original
? NOS?
Smiths Petroflex hose joining the main fuel line to the carb fuel pipe and
although it has only been on the road for 2 years since restoration I have
not seen any signs of failure and the hose is still very flexible.
?I do know that if you subject a Petroflex hose to "Varsol" ?cleaning fluid
it deteriorates rapidly and that should definitely be avoided at all costs.
Would appreciate your thoughts.

Michael S

*?*
?