[Healeys] Ethanol

Subject: [Healeys] Ethanol
From: josef-eckert at t-online.de (josef-eckert at t-online.de)
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2017 07:07:02 +0100 (MET)
Here in Europe most Austin-Healeys (95%+) were completely restored with new
parts, lines, hoses, fitted. I only know one or two cars out of 100 which
only got a tidying up since they were built. So extremely rare.
I have many friends who use E10 (95 Octane) in their classic cars without
any problems. My Austin-Healeys need 98+ Octane, so I stay with the premium
fuels from Shell (V-Power (101 Octane), or ARAL Ultimate (103 Octane).
These premium fuels, or the Super Plus (98 Octane) contain below 5%
Ethanol. So I haven?t faced any problems.
I would have some problems using E10 (95 Octane), as it would cause
after-run of the engines, which are eliminated with higher octane fuels.

Josef Eckert
K?nigswinter/Germany

-----Original-Nachricht-----