[Healeys] DMV No Go

Subject: [Healeys] DMV No Go
From: rrengineer.mike at att.net (Michael MacLean)
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2017 01:15:21 +0000 (UTC)
Took my BN2 body shell to the California DMV today to establish ownership.? If
you remember from past posts I got the body shell and suspension alone with no
numbers on the car whatsoever.? Well, there is a chassis ID plate on the
firewall now.? I was naive enough to think that was all I needed to start
ownership paperwork, so I took the body on a flatbed trailer to the DMV today
for a VIN number verification to start the paperwork. After renting a tilt flat
bed trailer and wasting most of the afternoon at the Redlands DMV office it was
no dice.? I was told it had to have an engine in it to verify the VIN number.?
The car does not even have the suspension in it yet and the engine bay is
bare.? It needs a lot more prep before I can put the engine in.? So back to
square one.? I wanted to do a transfer while it was just a shell to pay less
extorsion money the the state because a body shell is worth a whole lot less
than a finished car.? Apparently they want more money than I want to pay.Mike
MacLean

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android