[Healeys] DMV No Go

Subject: [Healeys] DMV No Go
From: gonnagitcha90 at hotmail.com (Richard Collins)
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2017 17:50:26 +0000
I bought my "barn find" Healey from a Calif estate sale and transported it to
KY.
Several trips to KY DMV required getting the estate to confirm the sale,
getting a copy of the death cert, getting the executor to talk to KY DMV re the
estate and forwarding a copy of the will with the names  of the heirs who sold
it on a clean Calif title. The death had occurred 10-12 years previous.
After about 5 trips to the KY DMV with all the docs, etc. the registration was
declined because the will did not have the VIN # on it.
So I got back to the Calif DMV and told them the issue. They said just pay them
the sales tax and they would issue a CA title in my name.
Voila and I got the title after several months of agony and time wasted.
But after another trip to the KY DMV they approved the title but claimed the
car VIN was not 13 digits nor was Austin Healey in their computer system. When
I asked if I could see their computer screen, I told them it was. British not
German and add enough zero's to the suffix of the VIN number to satisfy their
computer form.
There is more to this fiasco but I'll kill it here...

Regards,
Richard C