Re: [Healeys] Tapping SUs for air filters

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Tapping SUs for air filters
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2018 07:38:48 -0800

--------------6414786586A16C703B79AAAB

My BJ8 has a 'solution' similar to (but the filters are smaller):

http://www.aptfast.com/UserData/Images/Large/101221.jpg

Still a bit of a PITA to remove/install, but at least I can get the
allen head bolts started on the nuts easier.

Bob

On 11/22/2018 8:38 PM, i erbs wrote:
> Looks like a Longbridge 100-6. The HD8s on my car might not fit under
> the cowl if mooved further out from the manifold. But clever solution.
>
> Ira Erbs
> Portland, OR
> typos and artifacts are the fault of my phone
>
> On Thu, Nov 22, 2018, 7:23 PM Steve B. Gerow <steveg@abrazosdata.com
>
>     This setup makes air cleaner removal easy - I was running this
>     setup before I modified my cleaners for my DMD manifold:
>
>     I bolted 5/16" coupling nuts inside my K&N filters. Bolts coming
>     thru the outside plate, then spacers, then the couplings resting
>     against the inside of the inside plate.
>
>     The filters are attached from the inside of the carb tangs with
>     5/16" SS socket head (Allen) screws. These go through the tangs
>     and engage threads of the coupling nuts.
>
>     For a wrench, I'm using a foot long, ball-end, T-handle Allen wrench.
>
>     Some ideas are here:
>     http://www.pbase.com/stevegerow/dmd_air_filter_mods&page=all
>
>     --
>     Steve Gerow
>
>     Altadena, CA
>     Maker of Most Complete Big Healey Rear Disc Kit

--------------6414786586A16C703B79AAAB

  <head>
  </head>
href="http://www.aptfast.com/UserData/Images/Large/101221.jpg";>http://www.aptfast.com/UserData/Images/Large/101221.jpg</a></p>
      the allen head bolts started on the nuts easier.</p>
cite="mid:CABXhz8-Rb4=jhUR+z6RcVg321y=4gHOREARQzkqpA4JWmnjSWA@mail.gmail.com">
        might not fit under the cowl if mooved further out from the
        manifold. But clever solution.<br>
          Portland, OR<br>
          typos and artifacts are the fault of my phone</div>
            href="mailto:steveg@abrazosdata.com";
moz-do-not-send="true">steveg@abrazosdata.com</a>
          wrote:<br>
          .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">This setup
          makes air cleaner removal easy - I was running this setup
          before I modified my cleaners for my DMD manifold:<br>
          I bolted 5/16" coupling nuts inside my K&amp;N filters. Bolts
          coming thru the outside plate, then spacers, then the
          couplings resting against the inside of the inside plate.<br>
          The filters are attached from the inside of the carb tangs
          with 5/16" SS socket head (Allen) screws. These go through the
          tangs and engage threads of the coupling nuts.<br>
          For a wrench, I'm using a foot long, ball-end, T-handle Allen
          wrench.<br>
          Some ideas are here:<br>
          <a

href="http://www.pbase.com/stevegerow/dmd_air_filter_mods&amp;page=all";
            rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank"

moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.pbase.com/stevegerow/dmd_air_filter_mods&amp;page=all</a><br>
          -- <br>
          Steve Gerow<br>
          Altadena, CA<br>
          Maker of Most Complete Big Healey Rear Disc Kit</blockquote>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">
</pre>

--------------6414786586A16C703B79AAAB--

--===============3271635527634751853==