[Healeys] 3000 Front Brakes

To: Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] 3000 Front Brakes
From: Michael MacLean <rrengineer.mike@att.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2019 20:14:22 +0000 (UTC)

------=_Part_2759242_2062741936.1568751262130

Can someone post a PDF of a service manual parts breakdown illustration of =
the front disc brakes of a 3000?=C2=A0 I see the picture in the Moss catalo=
g, but I do not see the way the backplate attaches to the assembly.=C2=A0 D=
o I even need to attach the backplates?=C2=A0 Right now I have a bare swive=
l axle and need the assembly order of the brakes and extended splined hub.=
=C2=A0 As far as I can glean from all the info I have gathered so far, the =
caliper mounting plate should go on first, then the splined hub and disc as=
sembly. (a major source of apprehension in itself)=C2=A0 After that I can a=
ssemble the caliper and brake line connections.=C2=A0 Did I miss something?=
=C2=A0 That kind of glosses the assembly over.=C2=A0 It's going to be more =
work than it sounds as I have never done anything other that drum brakes on=
 the front of my Bugeye.=C2=A0 The splined hub installation with the shims =
and lining up the split pin sound like barrels of fun. It's finally cool en=
ough nights to go back out into my garage and bust some knuckles.Mike MacLe=
an

------=_Part_2759242_2062741936.1568751262130

ly:times new roman, new york, times, serif;font-size:16px;"><div dir=3D"ltr=
" data-setdir=3D"false">Can someone post a PDF of a service manual parts br=
eakdown illustration of the front disc brakes of a 3000?&nbsp; I see the pi=
cture in the Moss catalog, but I do not see the way the backplate attaches =
to the assembly.&nbsp; Do I even need to attach the backplates?&nbsp; Right=
 now I have a bare swivel axle and need the assembly order of the brakes an=
d extended splined hub.&nbsp; As far as I can glean from all the info I hav=
e gathered so far, the caliper mounting plate should go on first, then the =
splined hub and disc assembly. (a major source of apprehension in itself)&n=
bsp; After that I can assemble the caliper and brake line connections.&nbsp=
; Did I miss something?&nbsp; That kind of glosses the assembly over.&nbsp;=
 It's going to be more work than it sounds as I have never done anything ot=
her that drum brakes on the front of my Bugeye.&nbsp; The splined hub insta=

--===============4054940400918314368==