Re: [Healeys] 3000 Front Brakes

To: Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] 3000 Front Brakes
From: Michael MacLean <rrengineer.mike@att.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2019 04:02:45 +0000 (UTC)

------=_Part_2958320_136887807.1568779365480

I want to thank everyone for their generous help and illustrations, YouTube=
 videos and PDFs.=C2=A0 I think I am better armed to tackle this job now.=
=C2=A0 I guess I have BJ8 backing plates (and they were expensive) because =
the fit around the caliper plate is too tight.=C2=A0 So, now looking for so=
me early backing plates.=C2=A0 I did purchase a rather good selection of sh=
ims, some I already had, but I will check them out with my calipers before =
installing in any order.=C2=A0 The instructions go n the assumption that yo=
u have disassembled a hub the way they explain putting it back together.=C2=
=A0 I am putting parts together that have not been together on this car bef=
ore so I don't know what combination of shims to start with.=C2=A0 It will =
be just a little more trial and error.=C2=A0 I see from the illustrations t=
hat there are external star washers missing and a few other small parts.=C2=
=A0 It's a good thing I am not in a hurry.=C2=A0 Just want to do this right=
 the first time, otherwise it could end up being an expensive, if not dange=
rous lesson to learn.=C2=A0 I'll keep you all up to date.=C2=A0 Thanks agai=
n.Mike M

------=_Part_2958320_136887807.1568779365480

ly:times new roman, new york, times, serif;font-size:16px;"><div dir=3D"ltr=
" data-setdir=3D"false">I want to thank everyone for their generous help an=
d illustrations, YouTube videos and PDFs.&nbsp; I think I am better armed t=
o tackle this job now.&nbsp; I guess I have BJ8 backing plates (and they we=
re expensive) because the fit around the caliper plate is too tight.&nbsp; =
So, now looking for some early backing plates.&nbsp; I did purchase a rathe=
r good selection of shims, some I already had, but I will check them out wi=
th my calipers before installing in any order.&nbsp; The instructions go n =
the assumption that you have disassembled a hub the way they explain puttin=
g it back together.&nbsp; I am putting parts together that have not been to=
gether on this car before so I don't know what combination of shims to star=
t with.&nbsp; It will be just a little more trial and error.&nbsp; I see fr=
om the illustrations that there are external star washers missing and a few=
 other small parts.&nbsp; It's a good thing I am not in a hurry.&nbsp; Just=
 want to do this right the first time, otherwise it could end up being an e=
xpensive, if not dangerous lesson to learn.&nbsp; I'll keep you all up to d=
ate.&nbsp; Thanks again.</div><div dir=3D"ltr" data-setdir=3D"false">Mike M=
------=_Part_2958320_136887807.1568779365480--

--===============5048400897862408011==