[Healeys] Down pipes

To: healeys <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Down pipes
From: Fred Wescoe <fredwescoe@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2019 20:46:27 -0400

--000000000000e649d90595108c04

Listers,

Today, I had to tighten the 6 nuts on my exhaust down pipes.  This is the
second time in 2 years I have had to do this.  What is causing the nuts to
work loose?  Each of the 6 studs from the exhaust manifolds has split lock
washers and brass nuts on the down pipe flanges.  Each time time I have
tightened the nuts, I tighten them until the nuts squeak.

What am I doing wrong and does anyone else have this issue?  What do I need
to do to fix this?  The car is a 66 BJ8 with stock manifolds and down pipes.

Thanks for any advice, I'm stumped,

Fred
66 BJ8

--000000000000e649d90595108c04

nuts on my exhaust down pipes.=C2=A0 This is the second time=C2=A0in 2 year=
s I have had to do this.=C2=A0 What is causing the nuts to work loose?=C2=
=A0 Each of the 6 studs from the exhaust manifolds has split lock washers a=
nd brass nuts on the down pipe flanges.=C2=A0 Each time time I have tighten=
>What am I doing wrong and does anyone else have this issue?=C2=A0 What do =
I need to do to fix this?=C2=A0 The car is a 66 BJ8 with stock manifolds an=

--000000000000e649d90595108c04--

--===============7724457057311560729==