Re: another new to list

To: "land-speed" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: another new to list
From: "Chris R Harris" <yesford@clear.net.nz>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 11:50:06 +1200
Keith, thanks for the welcome, should have introduced myself properly. Been
interested in LSR since being aware of Hot Rodding at age 10, I guess.
Inspired by intrepid Kiwi Bert Munroe of Indian fame. First went to
Bonneville in 88 with a C/STR based on a 27 T, crashed big time and ended
up in a wheelchair. Returned to Bonneville last year for the 50th Speedweek
for my 10th anniversary, yep people think I'm crazy. Built a C/Fuel
Roadster with a partner driving, ran 192 before the Chevy motor expired
after license runs. Currently building new Ford engine as dollars permit.
Would love to travel the 2,000 odd miles from the East Coast to compete,
try 16,000, a logistical and financial nightmare from NZ. Love the sport
with a passion and will return in the hopefully not to distant future.
Enjoying the list.

Chris Harris.      yesford@clear.net.nz