dual Pyrometer..

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: dual Pyrometer..
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 1999 21:19:48 -0800
Well we fired up the motor today and broke in the girly CAM... Two
significant events... other then Keith needs lessons in adjusting Roller
Rockers on a HYD cam...

first.. I got to try out my two weeks of wiring... hmmm NO smoke... must be
a super smoke holder inner... everything worked like stink first time out
with no need for a fire extinguisher.. Not bad for the first time at the
Rodeo...

and I got to check out the new Pyrometer when I fired up the motor... Neat
piece.. Not sure what it tells me so far... but it tells me something..
First it told me that the valves were to tight by getting Hotter then it
sould have been... and it has a recall feature which will give the Max
Exhaust gas temp on that pass... Oh and I got to check out the Warning
light feature with the Valves....

I don't have a base line yet ... but I am thinking Jet changes will be
easier... and it will at least provide some feedback.. on what the net
effect of the change was temp wise ...

This is one of the Autometer Dual Pyrometers Kinda pricey but I really
noticed that several of you folks were running A/C style EGT gages....
Keith Turk
Austin Healey 100  /  Bugeye / Box Sprite / Bonneville Land Speed Racer
Camaro ( D Gas Altered )