Re: front ends.... alignment

To: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Subject: Re: front ends.... alignment
From: John Beckett <johnbeck@blueridge.cc.nc.us>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 09:18:08 -0500
At 07:21 PM 3/23/99 -0800, Keith Turk wrote:
>any advice on what to set the front end up at... I am taking it in the
>morning to have the tires balanced and the front end aliened... the caster
>is preset at about 8 degrees and the question I have is what to set the
>Chamber and toe in at?
>
>Keith Turk
>Austin Healey 100  /  Bugeye / Box Sprite / Bonneville Land Speed Racer
>Camaro (C Gas Altered )

        Keith

        Try to equalize caster at 8 degrees, since thats where your at. 7.5 is
OK
whatever is equal. Camber at 0 degrees. Toe at 1/4 to 3/8". As Joe said,
your problem is the changes in geometry when you raise or lower yor car. So
pick a ride height you want, do your alignment at that point, and make sure
you come back to exactly that point every time you make a pass.

John Beckett
#79, D/GCC record holder
#179, D/FCC record holder
#1179, E/GCC record holder