Re: LUG NUTS

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>, "Gary LaRonge" <saltracer552@juno.com>
Subject: Re: LUG NUTS
From: "Chris Harris" <yesford@clear.net.nz>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 15:15:21 +1300
Hi Gary,
Exactly, my Centerline nuts are the shank and hardened washer type. The
regular lug nuts with a tapered contact face are used for steel wheels. The
rules still state that all wheel nuts must have a 1" hex, so I'm looking for
Centerline style shank nuts with a 1" hex.

Chris H.

        Jerry,
        I don't think you will find lug nuts for your Centerlines. They
require a nut with a shoulder that fits between the wheel and stud (as you
know). I would expect that with washers and open ended lug nuts you would be
o.k. 1" roundy round nuts will not work.
        Gary