Re: [mg-tabc] Re: TB lights

Subject: Re: [mg-tabc] Re: TB lights
From: Bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2000 18:53:22 -0700
Bob:

My 1945-1960 Lucas parts book shows that the Lucas number for the
late TD and all TF cars dynamo to be 22265A/B.  Besides having a
bigger output than the C39PV, the C39PV-2 generators used a
longer rear bush: 0.875 verses 0.750 for the former.

FWIW: The brass lubricator on the back of the generator is
refered to as an "oiler" and just recently I read in one of my
books that oil is to be used periodically besides the grease?
Two years ago I made an extended tour with a new (modern) battery
and had to reduce the charge rate from the recommeded settings as
the battery kept "boiling" over.  When I got home, I had to
completely strip the TD's battery compartment and wash it down
with soda.