Re: [mg-tabc] Re: TB lights

To: Andrew Moyce <amoyce@pol.net>
Subject: Re: [mg-tabc] Re: TB lights
From: Jerry Felper <felperg@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 08:49:27 -0700

Andrew Moyce wrote:

> Please tell me more about the tach drive alternator.
> I wired some halogen fog lights (clear lenses) to use as daytime
> lights for safety but ran the battery down.
> The only thing keeping me from changing to an alternator is figuring a
> way to drive the tach.
>
> Andy Moyce
> 52 TD

Bob
I have converted a Delco Alternator to tach drive. It also has the
correct diameter shaft to take a TC pulley, which I have made in China.
There is a little work to mount it on the XPAG engine , but it fits over
the hood. I got the idea from a MGer in Canada and it works very good
with 65 amps or 95 amp outputs. I charge $250 for the kit which includes
the pulley and connectors. You do not have to change or add any wires.
Let me know if you are interested or I can send you all the instructions
to do it yourself.
Jerry