Re: Ford 302 vs BOP/Rover 215

To: <DANMAS@aol.com>, <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Ford 302 vs BOP/Rover 215
From: "Larry" <larry@larryembrey.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 16:45:15 -0700
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
WOW!!  What a brain dump.  A chime in for the Ford.  Your pricing is right
on, although with a little patience and shopping most people should be abe
to find a 302 for cheaper.  I scored a long block for $50 (rare, but 100-200
is not uncommon).  Mind you they will need to be rebuilt, but I would rather
spend $100 knowing it needs rebuild (and what is done in tha rebuild) than
$500 and be left guessing..

I will try to find a scale strong enough to weight my individual items.  I
have already weighed the Stock vs aftermarket intake and found a HUGE weight
savings.  Stock 2bbl intake was ~44lbs, Edlebrock 4bbl is 12lbs...    Stock
heads are 50lbs each, I heard alums cut that by about 1/2..  I get my alum
h20 pump tonight..

HEY!!  WHAT HAS ANYONE DONE IN REGARDS TO MOTOR MOUNTS FOR THE 302!??

Larry