RE: Ford 302 vs BOP/Rover 215

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Ford 302 vs BOP/Rover 215
From: "Chad White" <yt_one@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 17:00:26 GMT
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
I think the main difference is stiffness - steel is also 2.9 times "stiffer"
than aluminum. An aluminum block would require thicker webs, more gussets,
etc. to control flexing under load, even though the aluminum and steel have
similar strengths. This would be especially true for a racing block like the
FMS one, where maximum stiffness is required.

-Chad