Re: Ford 302 vs BOP/Rover 215

To: "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@prodigy.net>, <DANMAS@aol.com>, "MG V8 List" <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Ford 302 vs BOP/Rover 215
From: "Larry" <larry@larryembrey.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 06:09:09 -0700
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
I would tend to agree.  Using my Intakes as an example, we get the
following.

Stock 2bbl Iron intake: 42lbs
Aftermarker Alum intake: 15lbs
This yields us a 2.8:1 ratio.

I have a alum water pump on the way, once I get it, I will weight both and
let everyone know.  The Alum block HAS to save more than 30lbs, that just
seems a bit on the low side now that I look at it.  Probably means that the
iron block weighs more than 127lbs..

Larry