RE: Mileage

To: "Ian Haydock" <HAYDOCKI@lib.bham.ac.uk>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Mileage
From: "Lou Nevins" <lou_nevins@macgate.csuchico.edu>
Date: 23 Jan 1996 09:55:20 U
I've always gotten 18 to 20 around town and 28 on long drives (freeway). Both
cars 1964 roadster and 1971 GT. Both California smoged
To: mgs@autox.team.net
From: Ian Haydock on Tue, Jan 23, 1996 9:51 AM

> I have had a 78B for 7months.  Have only used it for local driving. Before
> and after engine rebuild get about 15 mpg.  Is this reasonable?
> ---Never wrench your back or overtighten your nuts---

  It depends how you drive it! Pedal to the metal and seeking for
blood, 15 mpg sounds quite reasonable!  I find that in everyday use
around the (congested) streets of Birmingham (UK) I get around 23 mpg,
and I've had over 40 mpg on the motorway ('freeway' in US terms?)
from my '73 BGT ( about 80,000 without rebuild). Maybe the US emission
equipment makes a difference?

                                                          Ian

    Ian Haydock                      I.HAYDOCK@BHAM.AC.UK
    Library Systems Officer (EIS)    Tel. 0121 414 5848
    University of Birmingham         Fax. 0121 471 4691