Re: Mileage

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Mileage
From: "Jerry Causey" <antiques@whidbey.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 1996 20:50:08 -0800
On  Fri, 19 Jan 1996 12:56:07 GMT
Ian Haydock said:

> I find that in everyday use around the (congested) streets of Birmingham (UK)
I get around 23 mpg, and I've had over 40 mpg on the motorway ('freeway' in US
terms?)
from my '73 BGT ( about 80,000 without rebuild). Maybe the US emission
equipment makes a difference?

I suspect it's more likely the difference in size between Imperial and
US gallons. Ours are comparatively puny, I think (but then, it's been
pointed out that I apparently  missed out on that junior high school
maths class which all the engineers on the list attended, so I could be
wrong).

Regards,
Jerry "who is easily wounded by the slights of others" Causey

    Ian Haydock                      I.HAYDOCK@BHAM.AC.UK
    Library Systems Officer (EIS)    Tel. 0121 414 5848
    University of Birmingham         Fax. 0121 471 4691