[Top] [All Lists]

Re: TD Tonneau Cover Bar on back of Seat

To: Robert J Donahue/DELCO <>
Subject: Re: TD Tonneau Cover Bar on back of Seat
From: Wayne Kube <>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 1996 15:28:59 -0500
Robert J Donahue/DELCO wrote:
> I see in the catalogs something called a tonneau cover bar that
> goes across the back of the seats near the top. My car does not
> have this part. Is this bar a structural part of the seats, or just some
> accessory to go with a tonneau cover?
> Bob Donahue
> 53 MG-TD
> 71 MGB

I assume you are talking about your '71B.  The tonneau cover is not 
structural.  It fits into the slots located where your folding top 
mounts to the car, or into the slots where the stowaway top would mount 
if you have that type.  It's function is to support and lend shape to 
either the short tonneau cover (the one that just covers the folded top) 
or the long tonneau cover if that is what you are using.  Makes the 
short cover look real nice when used.

Wayne Kube
Plano, TX

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>