Re: The new MG's

To: "Stephen J. Hall" <shall@maltanet.omnes.net>
Subject: Re: The new MG's
From: Paul Parkanzky <p-parkanzky@onu.edu>
Date: Fri, 3 May 1996 00:47:21 -0400
At 11:47 PM 5/2/96 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi Guy's
>
>What's all this deadness about new MG's
>
>doesn't anybody care about the marque in this day and age.
>
>If not may I be the first to call all of you a bunch of self centered
>creeps who live in a world of your own.
>
>In the past month or so all I've seen is text about the classic MG's
>which I love dearly, but I feel a little credit should go into the new
>ones once in a while don't you?
>
>A true MG Lover!

Steve raises an interesting point.  Is the new MG really an MG at all?  Of
course it will never be the same as the original, but they did build it
w/the classics in mind.  Would a new MG make a good daily driver for the
true brit-car enthusiast who doesn't want to drive his classics all the
time?  I've talked to lots of people about this, but I just can't seem to
decide whether the new MG's qualify as "maintainers of the breed."

Paul Parkanzky    KB8NPO
Ohio Northern University
e-mail:  p-parkanzky@onu.edu
http://engrsrvr.onu.edu/www2917