Re: The new MG's

To: <mgs%autox.team.net@MVDNS1.MV.Unisys.COM>
Subject: Re: The new MG's
From: TUSLER%MP050@MPA15AB.mv.Unisys.COM
Date: 03 MAY 96 12:08
>>In the past month or so all I've seen is text about the classic MG's
 >which I love dearly, but I feel a little credit should go into the new
<>ones once in a while don't you?

  It's a new car. It rides well. It looks nice. It doesn't break down.
What's to discuss?  Anyone looking for advice on a complete restoration
of an MGF?  "The main processor has a glitch, does anyone know the
the microcode instruction at address 1A2:2FF?"  There aren't even any
DPOs yet.  I'm not sure they can qualify as a true MG until something
rusts through, falls off, leaks chronically, requires a bodge, or otherwise
requires advice, sympathy, and commiseration.
  Take your brand new MGFs and have fun driving.  The rest of us will be
here in the garage, nursing a homebrew, gazing at our loved ones, imagining
how they will be when the restoration is finished...  That's when we're
not cruising along with an eye to the guages, an ear to the exhaust note,
and bugs in our teeth from drivin' and grinnin'...

*Philippe Tusler - Mission Viejo, CA     | "MILOU"    '57 MGA Roadster *
*A-Mail:   <TUSLER@MP050>                | "TINTIN"   '66 MG/MGB-GT    *
*InterNet: TUSLER@MP050.MV.unisys.com    | "N/A"      '88 ISUZU Trooper*