MGB Starting Problem

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGB Starting Problem
From: "JOSHAUGH.UK.ORACLE.COM" <JOSHAUGH@uk.oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 96 14:24:41 BST

I've been very naughty and not used my MGB for a couple of months now, added
with the fact that I've got a new shiney car, the B is sulking at me and
refusing to start. I've tried it a few times and it's just having none of it.
It's turning over well, pretty fast, but there just is no attempt at any
ignition.

It's been in a dry garage and I doubt very much it's damp or anything (tried
the usual WD40, etc.). I'm sure when I recently tried it I heard the petrol
pump ticking and fuel coming thro'. I've had a plug out and earthed it and
couldn't see a spark when turning the engine over (although I'm not sure I did
this properly). The points seem to be OK, with a decent gap.

I'm getting paranoid about it as now I think it may be the petrol pump and
when I just tried it couldn't hear it ticking. (there is petrol in the tank!).

I've just bought a new condenser and ignition coil so this may help (hope so!).

Any other ideas or things to try?

Thanks,
Jamie

'63 MGB