MGB Starting Problem

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGB Starting Problem
From: wise@db.erau.edu (John A. Wise)
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 1996 09:39:13 -0800
>...It's been in a dry garage and I doubt very much it's damp or anything
>(tried
>the usual WD40, etc.). I'm sure when I recently tried it I heard the petrol
>pump ticking and fuel coming thro'. I've had a plug out and earthed it and
>couldn't see a spark when turning the engine over (although I'm not sure I did
>this properly). The points seem to be OK, with a decent gap.

>Any other ideas or things to try?

My quick test is to spray a small amount of "starting fluid" on the carb
filters and then try to start it.  If there is any spark you should get a
few revs.  If you get no running - I would immediately start checking out
the ignition system

John

John A. Wise, Ph.D., CHFP                       Tel: (+1) (904) 226-6384
Center for Aviation/Aerospace Research          Fax: (+1) (904) 226-7050
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University            E-mail: wise@db.erau.edu
600 South Clyde Morris Blvd.
Daytona Beach, FL 32114-3900      USA