Re: LBC abuse

To: "W. R. Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Subject: Re: LBC abuse
From: Kevin Sullivan <kevins@borris.khoros.unm.edu>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 1996 08:48:29 -0600 (MDT)
On Thu, 11 Jul 1996, W. R. Gibbons wrote:

> On Thu, 11 Jul 1996, S. L. Hower wrote:
>
> >    Anyway, I figure this would be the perfect opportunity to
> >    introduce my wife to the LBC experience (she is an LBC newbie).
> >    Me:    (NO grin) It does NOT sound like a damn shop vac!!
> >           This is the sound of a well tuned piece of British engineering!
>
> You are in trouble.  After 4 years of restoration I took my wife for her
> first ride.  Her response was, "You know, it isn't as bad as I thought it
> would be."
>
> She is now my ex wife.  My lady friend once owned an MGB, and while she
> shows little interest in owning another, she tolerates my car better than
> my ex did.

I forwarded this to my wife and asked if she had any advice.  She replied:

% he might night have the right lady friend yet -- certainly has the right car
% (an lbc)
% lu

She RULES!!!  She loves me and my car and she's thinking of getting rid
of her minivan and buying a Series I E coupe.  :)  Anyway the only
suggestion I have is to tie her up (oops, her hair, that is) and get her
a hooded sweatshirt.  It really cuts the wind, noise, and hair damage.

Good luck.

Kevin Sullivan -- 1960 MGA                kevins@khoral.com
Khoral Research Inc.                      http://www.khoral.com
Albuquerque NM USA