RE: Engine weights/was how about a real V8!

To: <boballen@sky.net>
Subject: RE: Engine weights/was how about a real V8!
From: <larry.g.unger@lmco.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 22:36:07 -0400
Bob Allen wrote:

> See! Larry once again gets tripped up with the facts.

Sorry, but I don't see how I gotten tripped up with the facts.  I never
stated that the 'C' had less torque/hp than a 'B', that it couldn't 'haul
ass' in a straight line, that it wasn't a 'babe magnet ... what I did say
was that fitting the massive six cylinder to the 'B', to produce the 'C',
had and adverse effect on handling and that the six cylinder didn't
produce as much power as one anticiapte.

Does the 'C's increase in power outway the impact on handling?
(Bob Allen, I've jus' been funnin' wit' ya ... feel free to add the
following to your signature line.) IMHO, yes 'cause "[T]the 'CGT' is an
excellent all weather touring car!"

See ya on the curves ... larry.g.unger@lmco.com
'61 MGA 1600 MkII