Re: Computer Dweeb Thread (winter LBC topic)

To: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Subject: Re: Computer Dweeb Thread (winter LBC topic)
From: Benjamin Ruset <bruset@monmouth.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 1997 22:15:16 -0500
>As for Sully and the 1 second connect time, that's how it works if you
>have a (superior American technology) 128Kbit ISDN connection.

I shudder to think how fast it will be once I get my 10 megabit connection
to the net! =)

>And as for bashing Apples, have you ever noticed that everything coming
>out of Hollywood always have the geeks using Apple computers? It is very
>unusual to ever see the ubiquitous screen from the Redmond Gorilla.

Right. Copyright restrictions and such.

A few interesting things to note that:

Jurassic Park: Had Sun workstations running a "custom" version of Unix
Hackers: Apple Powerbooks? However, the movie is a joke.
The Net: Mac & PC - well, the chick was a software developer!
ID4: Powerbook again. Hm. Then again, they defeated the aliens by writing a
virus. I wonder how they got an Appletalk client to network with the
aliens. Maybe AlienTalk? =)

>(I apologize in advance for participating in this thread)

I agree. These threads are better suited for the hardware list.

My apologies for writing a small joke that will turn into a long, drawn
out, bloody war. Just nuke me! =)

BEN RUSET
89 Mercury Cougar
78 MGB Roadster