Re: Supercharged LBC

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Supercharged LBC
From: "Scott Gardner" <gardner7@pilot.infi.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 1998 14:16:57 +0000
> Larry sez:
>
> >IMHO, you could achieve the same results by fitting a crossflow head and
> it
> >would be 'alot' more reliable.
>

> But, IMHO, a crossflow head just isn't as cool as having a Judson on an
> MGB.  ;-)
>
> KMR - kmr@pil.net

I wanted to look up the horsepower gains for the MSX crossflow heads,
but the page at www.pinon.com/sportscar no longer exists.  Does
anyone know the new address?
        As for getting the "same results" from a crossflow head as from a
supercharger, can anyone verify this?  My impression was that you had
to make several other changes to take advantage of the different
head, such as headers, new pistons, etc.  The old numbers from Steve
Darby's MSX homepage only showed gains of about 3-5 hp when the
crossflow head was added to an otherwise stock engine.  Also, even
when the head was added to a heavily-modified engine, the
significant horsepower increases were above 5000 rpm.  This is VERY
different from the performance gains one usually gets from adding a
supercharger, the hallmark of which is increased low-end torque and
horsepower.

Scott Gardner
gardner7@pilot.infi.net