What would you ask?

To: <MGS%AUTOX.TEAM.NET@mvdns1.mv.Unisys.COM>
Subject: What would you ask?
From: PHILIPPE TUSLER <TUSLER@mp050.mv.unisys.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 14:53:14 -0800 (PST) (22:53 UT)
All right.  As I lay under Tintin, having rebuilt the wheel cylinders,
and struggling with the spring F***ing clips, it occurred to me that
what I really wanted the most in the whole world at that particular
moment was to get hold of the guy at Abingdon who installed these devilish
pieces of springy frustration, and ask him HOW THEY DID IT?!?!  I have to
assume that the cylinders were installed on the backing plate before
they were mounted on the car.  But even then I'd like to know whether
they pushed them in from the side, or down from on top (more likely).

  On that note, I'd like to start a "What would you ask of Abingdon"
thread.  I know many would pick the windshield on the roadsters, the
'brightwork' strip on the GTs.  What other mysteries have disappeared
with the revered factory.  No fair asking "What does MOWOG mean?" They
never knew!  ;-)
  What sayeth the list?

*Philippe Tusler - Mission Viejo, CA     | "MILOU"    '57 MGA Roadster *
*                                        | "TINTIN"   '66 MG/MGB-GT    *
*InterNet: Philippe.Tusler@Unisys.Com    |  N/A       '88 ISUZU Trooper*