Re: What would you ask?

To: <MGS%AUTOX.TEAM.NET@mvdns1.mv.Unisys.COM>
Subject: Re: What would you ask?
From: PHILIPPE TUSLER <TUSLER@mp050.mv.unisys.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 13:19:03 -0800 (PST) (21:19 UT)
>So Phillippe....

      Now that you have 'mastered' getting the clips on, how is going to feel
 when your " REBUILD " doesn't work???

 Cheers............

<            Ed

 Well, Ed, I wouldn't know, because every time I have rebuilt the wheel
cylinders, master cylinders, or clutch cylinders (aluminum on Milou!)
it has worked just fine!  The last time I rebuilt Milou was three
years ago.  The only reason I did it now was because I was replacing
the brake shoes.  Nyah, Nyah, Nyah!  Bite my (starting) crank!  ;-)
Perhaps I've had luck because I use a piece of heavy canvas and tripoli
polishing compound to polish the inside to a mirror finish.  I have a
3/4" dowel in which I've cut a slot for the canvas (old blue jeans)
and a large screw with the head cut off on the other end.  Put the screw
in the chuck of the high-speed drill, and polish away.
I was frankly surprised that I was not made to suffer penance for the
hubris of rebuilding the aluminum clutch cylinder, but seven years
later, it's still holding!
*Philippe Tusler - Mission Viejo, CA     | "MILOU"    '57 MGA Roadster *
*                                        | "TINTIN"   '66 MG/MGB-GT    *
*InterNet: Philippe.Tusler@Unisys.Com    |  N/A       '88 ISUZU Trooper*