Re: Champion Vs. NGK

To: Adrian Jones <AdrianJones@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: Champion Vs. NGK
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 1998 03:51:21 -0400
Adrian Jones wrote:
> Anyway, if I'm reading the multimeter correctly,  the Champions were
> between 50 and 100K ohms.  The NGK plugs were between 2.5 and 3K ohms.
> What's the deal?

  Low voltage resistance isn't a terribly useful indicator for
a spark plug. If you think about it, the current actually flows
THROUGH the plug which is always an infinite resistance when checked
with a meter.

  Things that happen at low voltages aren't always what happens at
high voltage. In this case, the high voltage ionizes the air in
the gap and makes it conductive.

  What's happening inside the plug itself is also a bit unpredictable.

--
Trevor Boicey, Ottawa, Canada.
tboicey@brit.ca, http://www.brit.ca/~tboicey/