Re: Champion Vs. NGK

To: MG <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Champion Vs. NGK
From: Adrian Jones <AdrianJones@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 1998 09:31:43 -0400
James,
 Thanks for the info on the spark plugs.  The Champion box gives a cut-aw=
ay
diagram of the plug showing a "patented semi-conductor
supressor...eliminates radio frequency interference"  I wonder if the NGK=

plugs are going to interfer with the radio?  I'll report back, though don=
't
hold your breathe.
Right now I'm running on an old, cleaned up set of Champions.  The plan i=
to get the correct carb mixture by looking at the plugs after I take a tr=
ip
and making small adjustments until the plugs get that nice brown color. =

Then I'll put in the new set, gapped at 0.035", to take advantage of the
electronic ignition and the Lucas Sports coil.  When the gas mileage has
stabilized, I'll put in the NGK's and see if there is any difference in
mpg, power (ha! ha!) or radio interference.
If I "index" the plugs, as descibed by someone in an earlier post, this
will boost the power such that I'll be able to keep up with the ice-cream=

van.
Then again, as the car is running very well now, I might just forget the
whole thing.

Regards,  Adrian.   "MG rules, OK?"