Re: Noisy CB in my TD

To: ewsinc@BlazeNet.net
Subject: Re: Noisy CB in my TD
From: mgbob@juno.com (ROBERT G. HOWARD)
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 1998 07:47:25 EDT
Hi Charlie,
  The copper wires must have somethign to do with this, as the TD will
cause radio popping on the MGB radio when the TD is running and parked
close alongside. I suppose that rigging carbon core wires could be done,
though somewhere along the line I was told that resistor plugs or carbon
wires would do the trick, but that one need not do both. Having typed
that, I recall that my S-19 pickup _does_ have both, and its radio and
the CB are always quiet, except when the distributor rotor begins to burn
through--then I hear a popping in the radio and know it's time to replace
cap & rotor.
  Both you and Bob Allen mention battery power as working better. Perhaps
some of the noise is from the generator too?
  I never hooked up to the old T list, so can't compare to the present
one. If it's quiet, could be that folks are deeply involved in
unanticipated Spring preparations, as I am.
Bob