Re: Brake Drum Removal

To: Harris Goldstein <hgoldstein@ibm.net>, mg digest <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Brake Drum Removal
From: Carol <car@intersatx.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 1998 12:29:25 -0700
HI...

A neighbor had a problem similar to yours. Being the consummate busybody, I
had to go watch the show. I got to looking at the drum, and the it seemed
to be sort of rusted to the axle.

Hammering didn't seem to be doing the trick. Being the lazy sort, I
suggested putting a jack under the drum and putting just a tiny bit of the
vehicle's weight on it. Sure enough... in about a minute there was a very
loud ~kthwang~ and the drum was free.

I see you've gotten other suggestions, too. So.... whatever works.

Carol