Re: splash panel removal

To: "Proudfoot, Andrew" <IMCEAMS-TRANSPORT_YQX01_PROUDFA@NAVCANADA.CA>,
Subject: Re: splash panel removal
From: "Scott McKorkle" <bmc@aa.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 08:34:24 -0700
Andy,

Both projects fall into the "easier than many projects" category.  The only
caveat is siezed bolts and screws.  The splash panel is the easier of the
two, if for no other reason that you don't have as many fasteners to remove
and you don't have to remove the car's windscreen.

If you do take out the splash panel, jack up the front of the car, securely
place on jackstands and remove the tire.  This makes access very easy.
Trying to do this work with the car on the ground and the tire in the way
can make for frayed nerves and banged knuckles.

The night before you begin work, make sure you generously apply some
penetrating/releasing fluid to the bolts/screws.  I use Liquid Wrench.  For
the actual work, have an impact driver handy.

Good luck!

Scott McKorkle
Issaquah, WA
1978 MGB