Primer

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Primer
From: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@tradesrv.com.au>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 22:15:52 +1000
Hi all,

Can someone recommend what primer I should use when painting engine
components? ie Block/Head etc? I would *like* to attain a high quality
finish, but have little experience at painting. Last time I tried I ended up
with a yukky matt finish (on my heater box), even though I was using gloss
paint and primed. Is there a website somewhere that lists how to paint step
by step? I've seen some really beautiful motors, and have always wondered
how people get them looking that way, because most home repaints I see look
pretty damn awful!!! <G>

I'll give it a go on a lesser component, if I fail miserable I think I'll
take the bits to a pro.

Cheers,
Neil.