Re: Primer

To: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Subject: Re: Primer
From: Jeff Fayne <fayne@ibm.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 20:34:10 -0600

Barney Gaylord wrote:

> At 08:48 AM 1/26/99 -0700, Larry Hoy wrote:
> >.... Once I think Barney mentioned having his local paint shop match the
> MG maroon.  He paid considerably less.
>
> Uh, yup.  Years ago I took a timing cover freshly sprayed with Moss Maroon
> engine paint to a local auto paint supply store.  They matched the color
> and mixed up a pint of acrylic enamel for $16 including the color match
> service.

I took John Twist's color code list to my local supplier and he was able to
match the Dupont number John listed (DuPont # 5321DH).

I had him mix up a quart of DuPont Centari Acrylic Enamel. Label on can shows
this formula is:  5321A, 1971 Ford Dark Red, code M-3426 (which I assume is
Ford's color code).

John's chart also shows:  Ditzler DQE 50782Y, SW J 3126-2, ACME AC 419

Hope this helps

Jeff