Front Engine corck seal

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Front Engine corck seal
From: Enrique Claure <spaninc@ceibo.entelnet.bo>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 15:40:04 -0400
Hi list, thanks for the great response on Engine turning, I believe my
engine is well built according to your response. I was putting on the oil
pan and noticed that the front engine cork seal is not flush with the
block. I tightened the pan but the seal compressed very little leaving a
doubtfull space at each end of the cork seal. Must I trim this down a bit?
Also, my building video does not recommend gasket sealers, Any opinions on
this issue. Thanks a Million, Enrique