MGA Pricing Question

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGA Pricing Question
From: bburrows@webtv.net (Betty Burrows)
Date: Sun, 23 May 1999 12:18:24 -0400 (EDT)
I am looking at a 1960 MGA which has been in dry but not heated storage
for twenty years. The body is solid with surface rust only, but
everything is filthy and I am pretty sure all the mechanical and
hydraulic parts will need attention. The car will need repainting for
sure and probably a new interior. The car is "all there" but of course
will need a new top and frankly some stuff I cannot see or haven't
thought of. It was totally unattended for twenty years and shows it
_badly_. It was not pristine when it went in to storage, and doubtless
needed mechanical attention even then.

I need to know not asking prices for such as this (owner is asking two
thousand $US) but results of recent _actual_ sales. There is often an
important difference between asking and willing to accept, I think.

For any counsel you can offer me, many, many thanks.
-
Betty
-
ps I just joined the list today so am unaware of earlier discussion on
this topic. If this is redundant, please forgive me.